I had the honour one month ago to talk about my project in this meeting, so I still attend other speeches to know other material about businesses and management, and I think this was a specially inspirational one, and I think I can apply some ideas of it in my activities.
I was asked to draw a scientific. I did it like this
Converting plans into experiments
If I understood properly the speech, we can drive business models like following the scientific methodology, like Lean Startup methodology tries to show us.
The scientific method starts with a question about something that we want to know or prove, but we ignore it at first. This question leads us to formulate hypotesis, that are the answers that we expect to find once the method is over. To prove that the hypotesis is right or wrong, we design an experiment, where we decide what we measure, how we do it, how many times we have to repeat it and which factors don't have to be changed.
To sum up, we have:
- Experiment design
- What to measure?
- How to measure it?
- Which factors don't change?
- How many times we repeat it?
As I have created a method to work alone and one of its points is creating a plan to develop an activity, I thought that, instead of setting a plan, I could design a scientific experiment in order to improve my tests and my results measuring. That is my designed experiment to develop my project "How to work on your own and not die trying".
- Could someone be interested in a methodology that allows someone to work alone being constant and fluent, avoiding distractions and unmotivation?
- Can I obtain an income selling a book explaining this method and organizing workshops?
- Some people have to work alone, but they don't know how
- The main problem of working alone is the lack of discipline, constancy, direction and motivation
- Working fluently, starting and finishing the planned tasks, without stopping or concerning about the obtained quality, help us to have lighter tasks. Lighter tasks helps us to keep our discipline and complete plans and see any result
- If we describe a clear direction at first, everything we do will aproach us to our goal or, otherwise, we will learn how to approach to it
- I can organize workshops with many attendants, who will be very satisfied with the learned things, many of them acquiring the book
- There are entities dedicated to entrepreneurship or work market that will be interested in showing methods like this to their public
- What do I measure?
Entities that want to organize my workshops
Number of attendants to the workshops
Degree of satisfaction
- How to measure it?
Contacting diferent entities that promote business and working opportunities.
Designing workshop contents.
Designing and delivering satisfaction queries.
- Which factors do stay?
The methodology and the book.
- How many times do I repeat the experiment?
According to my methodology, as many times as I need to get the desired result.